We work with you, as your partner, to develop your team’s customer facing capabilities resulting in increased productivity and profitability for your business.
Whether you have a new or existing product, we can take your product information and design training workshops/materials infused with learner-friendly activities for your people to acquire the knowledge and/or apply skills when selling the product.
Whether you are recruiting a new sales team, require sales training for a new product or a specific set of skills for the digital age, we have the expertise to ensure your team’s success.
We build your confidence and skills to make an impact whether you are presenting at a small business meeting or at a large conference.
Behavioural Styles & Communication Skills
We enable you to flex your style, strengthening your customer relationships with effective communication that persuades people who think and behave differently to yourself.
“Kamaljeet is a terrific training consultant… She is always thinking about her students/audience and figuring out ways to make the learning more relevant and meaningful to them. We have worked on developing several learning modules together and I have enjoyed her creativity, openness to collaboration and cheerfulness. It’s always fun and interesting to collaborate with Kamaljeet… I look forward to future projects!”
Elizabeth Pastor, Partner & Co-Founder, Humantific | UnderstandingLab
Krumbs A-ha! were asked to review a vast catalogue of product information for a global anti-coagulant in the form of medical and commercial power point slides which previously had been directly translated into an e-Learning program. Although this program related key information, it was questionable if this program lent itself to a learner-friendly approach. Krumbs A-ha! were tasked to produce a training program to supplement the content of the information contained in the e-Learning program with:
- Modular Training Workshops – a series of workshops for different product indications, enhancing knowledge acquisition with interactive learner-friendly activities.
- Facilitator’s Guide – detailed notes for Trainers/Sales Managers when delivering the modular training workshops.
Furthermore, as this was a global initiative, it was required that the content and format of the Modular Training Workshops may be easily translated into other languages and has flexibility built into the program which allowed local countries to modify/adapt the program to their local environment.
1. Thoroughly read through the medical and commercial materials for the product to fully understand the salient points to transfer across for knowledge acquisition for learners.
2. Designed a series of modular training workshops for each of the product’s indications. Activities developed for each module focused on knowledge acquisition and practical skill application for promoting/selling the product to customers.
3. Designed a series of Facilitators Guide supporting the modular training workshops with detailed step by step notes for Trainers/Sales Managers on best practice for running each of the workshops.
4. Using the materials developed, delivered a Train the Trainer session to Trainers/Sales Managers from various countries.
Trainers/Sales Managers from countries around the world commented on the ease and user-friendliness of the materials/resources produced and the Modular Training Program was successfully rolled out globally.
“Kam’s an experienced and competent global Trainer who understands the importance of designing quality training programs. We worked on several modules with her and she was able to capture key medical and commercial product information and translate this into training workbooks with full facilitator notes. I have no hesitation in recommending Kam to other companies.”
Adam Wood, Global Commercial Operations, Training & Sales Excellence, Bayer
AdviserPlus asked Krumbs A-ha! to put forward a comprehensive recruitment and training programme to support and develop a new sales team of 15 people. The team mainly consisted of new recruits with little or no sales experience.
1. Enhancing the Recruitment Process
- Helped client to create a profile of potential successful applicants.
- Designed and conducted assessment centres for sales team and managers.
- Interviewed applicants using a combination of competency-based techniques and the Language and Behaviour* (LAB) Profiling tool.
*LAB Profile is a set of conversational questions that can be used to identify how people really get motivated, process information and make decisions. Often competency-based interviewing leads to employing good candidates, the LAB Profile takes you a step further and allows you to recruit great candidates!
2. Effective Selling Skills
- Designed and delivered the induction programme for candidates utilising interactive, high-energy techniques moving candidates understanding from basic selling skills to advanced selling techniques and customer relationship management.
- Integrated real-world, pragmatic scenarios when selling their products and services portfolio.
- Monitored and evaluated candidate’s performance and coached individuals accordingly.
3. Ongoing Support and Development
- Held regular sessions with sales team post-induction to further develop the sales story for their product and services portfolio.
- On-the-job coaching and assessments of individual’s performance.
- 1:1 executive coaching for Team Leaders and Head of Sales.
Successful installation and performance of the initial team resulted in the client expanding and doubling their sales force. Successful partnering with client resulted in Krumbs A-ha! continuing to support and develop the next phase of the business for the client.
“When we needed to create a brand-new business unit we asked Kam and Richard to help. They created our assessment days and helped with our interviewing for sales staff and team mangers. Once recruited Kam and Richard created two sales training programmes and delivered them to our new team. Creative, pragmatic, professional, hard-working are just some of the words to describe Kam & Richard. Instrumental in helping us to recruit and develop our sales people and consistently delivered training to a high standard.”
Allan Archer, Head of SME Services, AdviserPlus
Following the launch of Dailies Total 1, a premium one-day contact lens with unique features, CIBA Vision Nordic AB wanted to develop an engaging training module aimed primarily at optical store staff. The key objective of the training module was to enable Eye Care Professionals (ECP) to better understand the opportunities when selling Dailies Total 1 to the consumer and be able to effectively present the benefits of a premium product such as Dailies Total 1. In addition, CIBA Vision Nordic AB personnel needed to be informed of the training module and a core group would be trained to deliver the training module to ECP. Initially Krumbs A-ha! would be required to deliver the workshop to ECP as part of the development process for the CIBA Vision Nordic AB Trainers.
1. Developed a product sales training module for a premium brand with key deliverables: lesson plan, Power Point slides and Participant’s Workbooks.
2. Attended a strategic sales and marketing meeting for the Nordic countries to present module overview to CIBA Vision personnel.
3. Delivered Train the Trainer workshop for CIBA Vision Nordic AB personnel and provided full Trainer facilitation notes.
4. Initiated the Train the Trainer development process for CIBA Vision Nordic AB Trainers as they observed Krumbs A-ha! deliver the product sales training module to Eye Care Professionals before being observed themselves and being coached by Krumbs A-ha!
The marketing strategy was to increase the sale of a premium product such as Dailies Total 1 to consumers by enabling ECP to understand the unique selling points of the product and engage with their customers. Through the Train the Trainer development process, CIBA Vision Nordic AB Trainers successfully implemented the program with ECP across the Nordic region and were able to increase sales and further develop their customer relationships with ECP.
“They took the time to really understand our market and business objectives to produce a high-quality sales training program delivered via ‘Train the Trainer’ sessions to business units across the Nordic countries. Great people skills, professional approach and always a joy to work with.”
Lotta Vedholm, Nordic Marketing Director at CIBA Vision
Krumbs A-ha! were asked to deliver a training program that focussed on increasing personal effectiveness of their sales representatives by enabling their sales representatives to better utilise their persuasion, influencing and communication skills when promoting their products to customers via the online tool MSD Reach. The training program was an advanced level of consultative selling supporting the MSD Reach program, tailored to both novices and experienced sales representatives and built on the existing sales cycle framework used by the sales representatives. The sales representatives were required to move from working with a face to face sales channel to a virtual medium using online technology and depending on the technological capacity of their customer, training was required for an auditory channel and potentially a visual channel e.g. Skype.
1. Partnered the client to scope a training program tailored to supporting the use of the online tool MSD Reach with a focus on enhancing participant’s communication skills when using a virtual medium. Key deliverables were: workshop lesson plan, slides and participant’s workbooks.
2. Initially delivered a 2-day training workshop for MSD Reach followed by a 1-day workshop to facilitate continuous learning and application of acquired skill-set back into the workplace. The following were the learning outcomes for the workshops:
- Understand the differences and similarities of skills required when moving from face to face sales channel to a virtual channel.
- Use your voice effectively to engage with customers and raise interest.
- Establish rapport and credibility by matching their customer’s linguistic patterns.
- Be able to apply key conversational questioning skills to illicit motivational triggers of their customers.
- Through effective listening skills, use appropriate influencing language for maximum impact and desired outcomes when presenting your products/services.
- Recognise sceptical patterns of behaviour and know how to get your points across persuasively by creating irresistible language.
- Generate positive action from your customers and maximise follow-up opportunities.
- Apply skills learnt to own customer scenarios through case studies and role plays.
Experienced sales representatives were challenged to consider techniques that would build on their existing face to face communication capabilities and allow them to be as effective, if not more, when using different technological channels. Workshop feedback from participants was outstanding.
- 100% agreed/strongly agreed that course addressed skills relevant to their job.
- 100% agreed/strongly agreed that they intend to use the skills learnt on this course.
“Fantastic service with a tailored approach ensuring that objectives are clearly met.”
Priyanka Trehan, Multi-Channel Marketing Manager, MSD
On behalf of Pfizer & Eisai Ltd, James Osborn, Account Manager at 90TEN asked Krumbs A-ha! to put forward an advanced level ½-day training workshop for Consultant Geriatricians to improve their personal effectiveness when presenting to large audiences and allowing them to have impact in one to one relationships with their peers and team members.
1. Before delivering the workshop, we conducted a pre-workshop questionnaire for participants to assess their training needs and then tailored the content of the workshop according to these priorities. The following is a highlight of the content developed:
- “Generating rapport” – connecting with your audience from the outset and establishing a deep level of rapport.
- “Taking the audience with you” – managing perceptions and exploring techniques of ‘get on the bus’ & ‘step in their shoes’.
- “Language & Behaviour (LAB) patterns” – Towards/Away-From & Internal/External. Use appropriate influencing language for maximum impact as seen used by world leaders.
- “Presenting ideas to sceptical people” – be able to get your points across persuasively and with credibility and generate impact by using the LAB patterns to create irresistible communication.
- “Audience interaction”- eliciting and answering questions.
Workshop was pitched for an advanced level audience of Consultants and they were adequately challenged and felt their skills were appropriately developed. Participants left the workshop full of confidence and excited about their next presenting opportunity.
“Krumbs A-ha! delivered fantastic results for us on two occasions. They were able to specifically design content for our specialist audiences and deliver it in a way that was not only useful to those present, but actually generated genuine excitement. Krumbs Aha! would be my first port of call for any work of this type in future.”
James Osborn, Associate Director, 90TEN Healthcare
“Rarely have I found trainers who listen as well as Kam and Richard. As a result, they were able to design an interactive training package perfectly aligned to our company’s needs while engaging each participant to maximise their learning opportunities.”
Karen Bowell, Senior Product Manager Aricept, Eisai Ltd UK